November 20, 2008

Turkey Day Trailers

In case the yams with marshmallows aren't rich enough, Meredith and I have programmed an amazing assortment of cheesy movies for the upcoming holiday weekend.

Appetizer: Home for the Holidays (1995)
This is the best (only?) Thanksgiving movie. I have watched it pretty much every year since it came out. Sadly, no trailer is available on YouTube, so this picture and the promise of "two thumbs up" will have to suffice.


Soup: Ballet Shoes (2007)
This will be a new addition to the menu. I'll see almost any dance movie, and this one is about British orphans, so I'm sure I'll eat it right up.


Salad: If These Walls Could Talk 2 (2000)
A delightful trio of made-for-TV shorts, not to mention's Ellen's best role. (At least until Dory)


First Course: A League of Their Own (1992)
We haven't actually ordered this classic selection on Netflix, but I'm betting it will be shown on TV, and when it is, I will indulge. I always do. Again, no YouTube trailer available, but I think that Madonna's "This Used to Be My Playground" music video will give you a taste.


Second Course: Love Actually (2003)
It's irresistibly good, and I've yet to find even the snobbiest film snob who thinks otherwise. And, it's sugary sweetness is a great transition into the Christmas season.


Dessert: Elf (2003)
We'll wrap things up with the perfect start to the Christmas movie season, from back when Will Ferrell's move from tv to film actually seemed promising. This movie features a narwhal and Amy Sedaris. Delicious.

3 comments:

la_sale_bete said...

what an award-winning line up!

Marina said...

watching those trailers was such an awesome break from work. elf is really so choice.

bryce j renninger said...

i watched IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK 2 too.