June 16, 2009

Nostalgia Crush: Lindsay Lohan Circa 2004

The second installment of Celebrity Crush Album, by my awesome guest blogger, Maggie.

I know much has been written about her partying and her leggings and her dysfunctional family, but if you'll humor me, I'd like to go back to a simpler time and relish in the wonder that was 2004-era Lindsay Lohan.

My crush developed sometime between "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls." Here was a girl who was really beautiful, but not traditionally so: first off, she was a ginger kid, and second, she had a really awesome body that didn't fit the Hollywood waif model. She had a raspy voice and a great pop song called "Ultimate" that I played in my dorm room as wake-up music. To my former roommate, Aebra: I am so so sorry. (Aha's "Take On Me" was also in heavy rotation).

As with all my celebrity crushes, it was important that I head to the internet as soon as humanly possible. It became clear that Lindsay was not the sharpest tool in the shed when I checked out her website, "LL Rocks." She made up for infrequent updates by filling her entries with exclamation points and hearts and "LOL"s. It's like her parents didn't let her use emoticons at home, so she needed an outlet for winking faces. I was hoping to link to the site, but in the last month it's been refurbished as "Lohan House" which is less pink and more terrifying. Head over there at your own risk.

Anyway, five glorious years ago, any doubts caused by her blog were swept away when "Mean Girls" rolled around. Somehow, despite everything, Lindsay Lohan is an extremely talented actor. Give her some good material and she's golden. "Mean Girls" played up all of Lohan's strengths, showcased her beauty, and is a total comedy classic, thanks to great performances and Tina Fey's writing. So I leave you with a clip that is pretty funny, but also sort of hot. I hope this brought you back to happier times and that you're not too Lindsay-ed out. I'm also sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes & Noble.

No comments: