November 8, 2009

In My Blood

Lately I've become quite interested in one room schoolhouses. I know, I know, dork alert. But I love everything about them: their aesthetic, their histories, and their educational philosophies. This year, a main item on my recently-mailed Christmas list was "anything about one room schoolhouses," which inadvertently sparked a mini-family history project. My dad suspected that my great grandmother Mabel (nicknamed Musee) had taught in a one room school, but after consulting my grandpa, I learned that it was in fact my great grandfather Joseph and great aunt Jessie who worked in one room schoolhouses. Grandma Musee was a classroom teacher, but in a regular, larger school. Nevertheless, how great is this picture (thanks, Grandpa!) of her and her class?
I definitely have that exact same expression after a long day of teaching...

1 comment:

Holly said...

o sweetie - i think you look like her!! but i alwasy thought her name was spelled "moosie"....